CUIMC Broadcast Email Policy
The CUIMC Office of Communications distributes important messages across campus via the university broadcast email system.
With few exceptions, campus-wide broadcast emails are about operations, facilities, safety, administrative or academic policy changes, and announcements from senior leadership. We strictly limit the number of messages sent, prioritizing those that are of critical importance or campus-wide significance.
To obtain authorization for a broadcast email, complete the CUIMC Broadcast Email Request Form (login required). Requests must be submitted at least three, but no more than 10, business days prior to the requested send date. The CUIMC Office of Communications manages the time of distribution to avoid multiple broadcast emails within any given time period.
When reviewing a request, we consider the message’s relevance to the recipients and the general volume of email sent on campus, among other factors.
When you submit a broadcast email request via the online form, you agree to the terms and conditions below.
- Messages must pertain to CUIMC faculty/staff/students.
- No advertisements for goods or services or fundraising solicitations are permitted.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Senders are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of emails.
- All broadcast email requests must be submitted through the CUIMC Broadcast Email Request Form (login required). Users may not attempt to send messages directly through the broadcast email system without requesting permission in advance.
- Because of CUIMC IT security requirements, it is not possible to send an email from another person’s email address. The person who sends the message must have access to the account from which the message is sent.
- Announcements may be edited for clarity, style, and appropriateness.
- Events should be promoted through the online medical center events calendar rather than through broadcast emails.